Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit and you will fall in love with its flavor once you tasted it. Its flavour is amazing – It’s tart and bitter, very aromatic, tangy and very fresh, all at once. And together with sake it is all about harmony and perfect combination, and not only because both are coming from Japan. Saffron is a stranger in the “Japanese family” of yuzu and saké but it is an amazing spice – complex in taste and sunny and full of joy in color and enhances the taste of the pearls turning them into little aromatic sunshines on the plate.
Enjoy them with
- with seafood and fish, raw, cooked or smoked
- with poultry
- with avocado or cottage cheese at the breakfast table
- with cheeses like Camembert
- in Asian dishes
- in drinks like Prosecco or Champagne
- in desserts, it accompanies well chocolate cakes or even ice creams
As all pearls, they are a surprise for the palate and a joy to watch and give freedom and creativity to decide on the taste of each bite of the dish – depending on how many of these delicious pearls you take. Get some inspiration from our dishes and share yours. Enjoy!